At Annual Conference this year, the clergy were invited to a year-long challenge to improve our health. What better way to help us lead from a healthy place than to make it a competition? Even better, they invited us to bring our congregations into it to help increase our chances of winning prizes in the efforts...so by completing this work, you can help Pastor Faith possibly win something at Annual Conference next year! Sign up so we can journey together...
If you want to participate, you need to sign up with the conference so you can choose a goal. I'd love to know you're going through it as well so we can partner together. The point of extending the challenge to the congregations is to become healthier TOGETHER. You can choose one or more of these goals for the Wellness Challenge:
- Take at least one week of vacation
- See a counselor at least once
- Set and keep a specific emotional boundary in my life
- Take my day off fully, each week and do at least one thing outside in nature
- Stop doing one specific thing that is detrimental to my emotional health
- Attend a musical performance, theater or a movie with my family, friends or colleagues
- Start or revisit a specific hobby and connect with at least one other person with a similar hobby
- Develop a new skill that requires my participation in an online or in-person class or classes
- I have set my own goal and have written it down for accountability
From the Conference Website:
Every other month, participants will focus on a different aspect of wellness, from setting financial goals to practicing mindfulness. By completing a wellness practice goal for the month, you'll earn an Olympic Ring. Complete all 5 goals and you'll be entered into a drawing for a prize that will be announced at the next Annual Conference. But that's not all! You'll also have the opportunity to join with others who are setting similar goals, providing a supportive community for accountability, encouragement, and motivation. Whether you're a clergy member or a layperson, this challenge is for anyone looking to prioritize their health and wellness in a fun and engaging way. Don't miss out on this chance to invest in your well-being and earn some bragging rights along the way. Join the Florida Conference Clergy Care Wellness Challenge today and start working towards a healthier, happier you!